Sunday, October 11, 2009

Garance Doré loves cyclists

http://www.garancedore.fr/en/2009/07/27/me-my-bike (submitted by Catherine)

Yup, Garance Doré is a blogger who is très Française. She adores cyclists. Well, actually, she adores "cool girls on bikes". I'm not terribly concerned with how cool someone is. But I certainly share Ms. Doré's fondness for people on bicycles!

Here's an excerpt from her blog post on the awesomeness (her word is "coolitude") of bikes:

~~~
- You can do everything on your bike… Talk on the phone, Google a restaurant, eat a sandwich, hold an umbrella in the rain (EVERYONE does that. It’s impressive.), CHANGE YOUR SHOES WHILE PEDDLING, TAKE A NAP. You can even do some streetstyle on them. The proof is right above with Elza. When we found her, we were riding our bikes. We followed her for a bit, like true crazies on bikes.
- You have to give a name to your bike. It’s essential and that’s just how it is. When I asked what Ramona had named hers, she couldn’t tell me. But I really wanted to believe this whole name thing… like really… Check out this photo below and you’ll see, see what I’m saying?

There he was, lost in a sea of others. When I saw him, I knew he was mine. My bike, my ally, my companion. I couldn’t not give him a name.
Chuck Bass. Yep. What better name could define the mix of purebred elegance and risqué style? Because I’m telling you, with Chuck Bass, I promise you that no matter where you go, you’ll never go unnoticed. Aaaah, yep, it’s gotta be the stretch limo.
~~~

Rock on, Garance!

No comments:

Post a Comment